Tips for WalkingTown DC Tours
- Reservations are required for all tours. Register early.
- Lunchtime "bite-size" tours are abbreviated one-hour tours making them the perfect size for a 12pm lunchtime journey. Grab a coworker and get outside for an educational walk through DC's neighborhoods and institutions.
- Evening "happy hour" tours are two hours or less starting at 5:30pm on Monday through Friday. Gather your friends for a tour and then visit a local watering hole to round out an enjoyable evening.
- WalkingTown DC takes place rain or shine. Cancelling a tour due to weather is at the discretion of the tour guide.
- The tour schedule is subject to change. Check back regularly for the most up-to-date information.
- Tours vary in duration and fitness levels. Check tour descriptions to plan accordingly.
- Most tours are outdoors; please dress appropriately for the weather. Comfortable walking shoes, water, bug spray, a hat, and sunscreen are recommended. Some tours may require photo ID and/or Metro card. Check tour descriptions for special requirements.
- Tours are not pet-friendly.
- Bikes are not allowed on walking tours. To enjoy a walking tour, please lock your bike in a safe location for the duration of the walking tour.
- Plan how to get to the tour in advance. The DC Circulator and Metro travel to many tour start locations.
- An evaluation will be handed out at the end of each tour. We greatly appreciate your time in completing an evaluation after each tour. Your feedback helps us to continually improve WalkingTown DC.
- Learn something interesting about Washington, DC? Share it with your fellow explorers. Find Cultural Tourism DC on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CulturalTourismDC, on Twitter at @DCculture and on Instagram using hashtag #WTDC and #walkingtowndc.
NOTE: When a WalkingTown DC tour reaches capacity, registration closes, and we remove the online form for that tour. We do not keep a waitlist for the closed tours, but feel free to check back, as we continually process cancellations and reopen tours.