Tips for WalkingTown DC Tours
- Wear a mask as the tour participants gather and throughout the tour.
- Reservations are required for all tours. Register early.
- Lunchtime "bite-size" tours are abbreviated one-hour tours making them the perfect size for a 12:00pm lunch-time journey. Grab a coworker and get outside for an educational walk through DC's neighborhoods and institutions.
- Evening "happy hour" tours are two hours or less starting at 5:30pm on Monday through Friday. Gather your friends for a tour and then visit a local watering hole to round out an enjoyable evening.
- WalkingTown DC takes place rain or shine. Cancelling a tour due to weather is at the discretion of the tour guide.
- The tour schedule is subject to change. Check back regularly for the most up-to-date information.
- Tours vary in duration and fitness levels. Check tour descriptions to plan accordingly.
- Most tours are outdoors; please dress appropriately for the weather. Comfortable walking shoes, water, bug spray, a hat, and sunscreen are recommended. Some tours may require photo ID and/or Metro card. Check tour descriptions for special requirements.
- Tours are not pet-friendly.
- Bikes are not allowed on walking tours. To enjoy a walking tour, please lock your bike in a safe location for the duration of the walking tour.
- Plan how to get to the tour in advance. The DC Circulator and Metro travel to many tour start locations.
- An evaluation will be handed out at the end of each tour. We greatly appreciate your time in completing an evaluation after each tour. Your feedback helps us to continually improve WalkingTown DC.
- Learn something interesting about Washington, DC? Share it with your fellow explorers. Find Cultural Tourism DC on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CulturalTourismDC, on Twitter at @DCculture and on Instagram using hashtag #WTDC and #walkingtowndc.
NOTE: When a WalkingTown DC tour reaches capacity, registration closes, and we remove the online form for that tour. We do not keep a waitlist for the closed tours, but feel free to check back, as we continually process cancellations and reopen tours.
PLEASE REGISTER CAREFULLY.
The volunteer tour guides set the capacity for their WalkingTown DC tours. When you register, we reserve a space for you, and it makes that space unavailable to others. Once a tour reaches capacity, registration closes, and we remove that tour from the roster of available tours.
Please do not register for more than three tours. Join us in making these free tours available to as many as possible by only registering for those tours that you can attend. We do not keep a waitlist for closed tours. If there is a tour that you want to attend but is no longer available, check back to learn about status changes.
If you must cancel a tour registration, there is no penalty or cost. If we receive a cancellation, we manually re-open and re-post tours on the roster as quickly as we can.