Dupont Circle, between Massachusetts Ave. and P St., NW
See map: Google Maps
May 4, 2013 - 10:00am - 4:00pm
More than 40 embassies, representing six continents, invite the public to sample extraordinary delights inside their stately mansions and exclusive compounds. Experience food, art, dance, and music.
Tips for Making the Most of Your Day
- All embassies are open from 10 am to 4 pm, unless otherwise noted.
- Admission is free. Reservations are not required.
- Complimentary shuttle bus service travels three separate loops from 10 am to 4 pm. All routes begin and end at Dupont Circle, between Massachusetts Ave. and P St., NW. See map for details.
- Please note that the complimentary shuttle service ends at 4 pm and most embassies are open until 4 pm. Please plan accordingly and/or take alternative transportation back to your point of origin.
- Street parking is available but difficult at many embassy locations.
- Because many embassies are within walking distance of the Dupont Circle and Van Ness Metro stations, please consider using public transportation rather than the shuttle.
- Embassies on International Drive are larger and often have shorter lines than those on Embassy Row.
- Follow @DCculture and #PassportDC on twitter for updates about lines, exciting activities, and other breaking news.
- Many embassies require photo ID for admission.