Zandra Chestnut is the co-founder of the Center for Green Urbanism (CGU), a green-business incubator that houses the Tubman-Mahan Gallery in the business district of Ward 7. Zandra is also a photographer who enjoys taking photos of litter and trash to demonstrate its impact on our community and the Anacostia River. Her work has recently been shown throughout the greater DC area in juried shows. She is an active member of the Prince George’s Artists Association and the Exposure Group (African Americans Photographers Group in Washington, DC).
Zandra’s five favorite places in DC:
1. Horace and Dickie's Carryout – The largest affordable, shareable, fresh, and delicious fish sandwich you can find in DC. At 12th and H Street, NE, stays open late.
2. National Arboretum dock on the Anacostia River – Surreal and calming from the shore or from a boat anytime of the year.
3. Fort Dupont Park’s Summer Music Series – Bring a blanket or lawn chair, picnic basket and enjoy the stars on the stage and in the sky.
4. The National Museum of American History's Smithsonian Jazz Masterworks Orchestra at Baird Auditorium – Easily accessible from the National Mall area and the orchestra is therapeutic.
5. Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens’ Asian Cultural Festival in July – The lotus blossoms are at their peak and spectacular.
To view a full list of DC Insiders click here.
I would like to take the time to thank you for the support provided to our organization, Latin Fashion Week. The event was a huge success thank to the cooperation of company like Cultural Tourism DC and people like you.