Ryan Bos is the Executive Director of Capital Pride. He is an avid runner, plays softball and occasionally swims. He also uses his sports connection as a three year board member of Team DC, Washington, DC’s LGBT sports connection. Ryan is proud to be a member of the DC gay community and enjoys the opportunities to showcase the best DC has to offer. His new role with Capital Pride affords him opportunities to truly engage his passions and show his pride in the DC community.
Cultural Tourism DC asked some notable Washingtonians to share with us their favorite places or events that are special and unique to DC.
- Haines Point - In the summer between Memorial Day and Labor Day our swim team, District of Columbia Aquatics Club (DCAC) swims there several days a week outdoors. There’s nothing like swimming outdoors with great friends in the backyard of our nation’s Capitol.
- Rock Creek Park - As an avid runner, Rock Creek Park provides various terrains to mix up your running routines. I love the outdoors, love running and love nature. There’s still a lot I have yet to discover in Rock Creek Park.
- National Arboretum - This is a hidden jewel in the District that most people aren’t aware of. It’s a great place to run and experience nature.
- U St Corridor - As the LGBT community has expanded in the district, this has become one of the hottest places to hang out. There’s nothing like having a couple beers on Nellie’s roof deck on a Sunday afternoon after playing a couple softball games or dancing the night away at Town.
- 17 St - A staple in the LGBT community 17th Street is a close-knit neighborhood that provides a warm and welcoming backdrop to a diverse community. Plenty of options for food and drink.
To view a full list of DC Insiders click here.