Cultural Tourism DC’s more than 250 members range in mission, size, and scope. From large institutions such as the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts and U.S. National Arboretum to smaller ones such as Dumbarton House Museum and Hillwood Museum and Gardens, our membership represents the best of what DC has to offer, in all eight wards. See our Current Members.
Organizational Membership Guidelines
Any organization that is classified as a business or non-profit in the District of Columbia and is focused on developing, delivering and/or celebrating the arts, culture, or heritage of Washington, DC is eligible for Cultural Tourism DC membership. View our organizational membership criteria.
Members automatically receive these benefits upon joining:
- Dedicated webpage on CulturalTourismDC.org, which attracts an average of 26,000+ visitors each month
- Inclusion of your events on CulturalTourismDC.org calendar of events
- Monthly membership meetings providing insight from experts on current topics and networking opportunities with other members
- Members-Only section of our website that provides resources on issues affecting cultural and heritage organizations
- Cultural Tourism DC Annual Conference and networking event
- Referrals to media outlets on DC arts and tourism-related topics
- Member-only opportunities to sample unique cultural activities in DC
- Contact information for peers at all member organizations
- Professional advice from Cultural Tourism DC staff
Members can take advantage of these opportunities on an opt-in basis:
- Request to be highlighted as Member of the Week on Culturaltourismdc.org and facebook
- Request to be featured in the Culture Communiqué
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/CulturalTourismDC
- Tumblr: http://culturaltourismdc.tumblr.com
- Twitter: @DCCulture
- Participate in Cultural Tourism DC citywide promotions such as Passport DC, Art4All DC, or the Sesquicentennial Commemoration of the American Civil War
- Place brochures at the Greater U Street Neighborhood Visitor Center in partnership with Ben’s Chili Bowl, and also at trade shows like Ask Me About DC as well as at community festivals
- Connect with Cultural Tourism DC programs such as WalkingTown DC, free neighborhood walking tours; the African American Heritage Trail; or the Neighborhood Heritage Trails that bring foot traffic to your neighborhood
- Request that Cultural Tourism DC convene special interest groups on specific topics
- Bring member constituents who serve as referrals, to your venue by providing space for a membership meeting.
Individuals who present more than 50% of their professional artistic or cultural activities, performances, or exhibitions in Washington, DC may contact Cultural Tourism DC about individual membership. View individual membership criteria.
Make the most of your DC experience and join Cultural Tourism DC today!
Download a membership application or renewal form below:
Organization Membership Application
Individual Membership Application
Membership Renewal Form
Questions? Contact Membership Manager at membership@CulturalTourismDC.org or call 202-626-1149.