Tim Kime is the President and CEO of Leadership Greater Washington, an organization that strives to connect regional leaders to improve the quality of life in the Greater Washington area. When not promotion and challenge the District’s leaders, Tim loves to bike all over the city.
Cultural Tourism DC asked some prominent Washingtonians to share with us their favorite places or events that are special and unique to DC.
Tim shares his top five.
1. Franciscan Monastery – The monastery is beautiful at any time of year -- walk through the gardens in spring or through the Cloisters in the fall.
2. Metropolitan Branch Trail – This trail is great for biking and provides easy access to Union Station.
3. Meridian Hill Park – The fountain is breathtaking.
4. U.S. National Arboretum – I love to take a tour of the grounds and have a picnic by the old Capitol building columns.
5. Busboys and Poets - One of the best places for brunch in the District.
To view a full list of DC Insiders click here.
"The Heritage Trails which you create are such gifts to DC.
H Street NE will be enhanced immeasurably by the addition of its guiding signposts of the past and point us towards the future."