Theo Adamstein is the founder of FotoWeekDC, a non-profit organization that began as a public photography festival to highlight and celebrate photographers in the DC metro area. This year's successful FotoWeekDC recently concluded.
As director of FotoDC | FotoWeek DC, Theo oversees all operations for FotoDC’s festival in November, and the FotoSpace Gallery. He is active in the arts community and has served on the boards of numerous arts organizations including The Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington Project for The Arts, and The Washington Ballet.
Cultural Tourism DC asked some notable Washingtonians to share with us their favorite places or events that are special and unique to DC.
Theo's favorite things in DC:
1. Cycling along the Potomac and Crescent Trail - for their fabulous view and great exercise after sitting in long meetings!
2. Hanging out with friends at Local 16 - a great neighborhood restaurant with a fabulous rooftop.
3. The Washington Monument and the National Cathedral - The vistas are so stunning at sunset as seen from so many vantage points in the city, including from my apartment rooftop.
4. Oysters at Black Salt and Pearl Dive - they're perfect quick escapes.
5. Practicing my golf game at the driving range at East Potomac Park - Such a wonderful cross section of the DC population can be found and the views across the Potomac are great.
"I looked at the new brochures for the Deanwood and Civil Rights Heritage Trails. I am always astonished and amazed at the work you do and the quality of it. Beautiful."