Jeff Swedarsky, is the Creator & Director of DC Metro Food Tours and President of Food Tour Corporation. In less than 4 years, he has built one of the country’s largest and most respected food tour companies, with locations in 13 cities throughout the east coast, Midwest, and gulf coast. He has travelled to 51 countries throughout the world, extensively throughout Europe, South America, the Middle East, and South East Asia.
Cultural Tourism DC asked some notable Washingtonians to share with us their favorite places or events that are special and unique to DC.
- Eastern Market – A great historic public market in the heart of Capitol Hill (my favorite half smokes are from Union Meat Co., LLC)
- Florida Avenue Public Market – An awesome and unique indoor market with a big wholesale market with food, smells, sounds, and characters from all over the world. It’s gritty and seedy in a great way!
- The Fish Wharf – Located in the Southwest Waterfront, the Fish Wharf is a bunch of barges of fresh, local seafood. Sit at the waterfront and eat. Everything is inexpensive and delicious and you can’t go wrong seeing oysters being shucked right in front of you.
- Little Ethiopia – DC has the second largest population of Ethiopians in the world and Little Ethiopia highlights that well with its delicious, authentic cuisine at numerous restaurants in the U Street Corridor.
- Adams Morgan’s Unity Park – Every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday Unity Park hosts the “Unido Mercado,” an outdoor Latino market featuring authentic, fresh, Latino cuisine for just pennies on the dollar. Twelve different Latin American nations are represented at the market including Mexico, El Salvador, and Puerto Rico.
To view a full list of DC Insiders click here.